Product Design and Development Internship
We’re on the lookout for a self-driven product designer & developer for a six month internship, for an immediate placement – joining our team in-house at Rockay HQ, Rødovre, Denmark.
Rockay is a performance and running apparel company with a strong focus on world-class quality products. Their goal is to change the industry and the world by using only recycled fabrics and materials to help clean up our planet.
Our aim is to push for innovation in both performance and sustainability. One should not compromise the other! This is done by sourcing fabrics that can be recycled and by turning plastic into fabrics. While they are not quite there yet, but it is their long-term goal! All of this will be achieved while not compromising on the quality of the products in any way. They are committed to making the best products for runners on the market.
Passion is necessary, a strong graphic aesthetic, and practical knowledge with product development and manufacturing constraints.
- Coordinate with Designer and Product Development Manager to help define and spec materials and processes used in fabrication and assembly
- Update fit, trim, fabric and color charts
- A thorough understanding of design principles
- Personal commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of graphic product development, pattern making, and packaging design to create seamless product solutions
- Ensure innovation by actively researching, sharing and implementing new trends and materials
- Prioritisation skills required to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight timelines and meet deadlines
- Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills
- Industrial design experience
- BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in industrial /fashion design or product development
- Confidence with 2D and 3D design visualisation tools
- Evidence of prototyping abilities
- Great communication skills (visual, verbal, and written)
- The ability to think quickly and problem-solve on the spot with a maturity that
- A portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solutions, a clear process and is visually appealing
What we offer
Responsibilities from day 1 and a spot on the frontlines.
You will learn from seasoned experts in the industry and work together with our Product designer, Merchandiser, Creative Director, the Founders and so on.
A 6000 DKK salary per month during your entire internship. (if you are full-time)
Free lunch and transportation.
Full time position offered to you after the internship if things are going well.
If you are interested, send us the following:
1. Your Updated Portfolio
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. A short letter of motivation
Send your application directly to: Daniel[at]rockay.com,
CC: Juliana[at]rockay.com with the title D&PD Internship and your name in the subject line.
PS – We welcome international applications, but you must hold a Danish work permit to be considered.