What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be session or persistent;
A session cookie is a temporary cookie that is not stored on your computer or mobile device. For example, a session cookie could be used to remember your language preference while viewing the site and it is usually erased when you close your browser or after 20 minutes of inactivity. This means that, once you leave the site, the session cookie is deleted.
Like session cookies, a persistent cookie is created in your browser’s subfolder while you are visiting a website. The difference is that, as its name suggests, a persistent cookie remains on your computer or mobile device for a predetermined length of time, and it is reactivated everytime you visit the website that created it. The duration period that a persistent cookie will remain on your browser is set within the cookie’s file.
In general, cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly but cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
How is Gringo Group ApS using Cookies?
When you use and access our Services, we may place a number of cookies on your web browser.
Cookies can be grouped (based on their function for a website’s operations) into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are essential for the operation of our website. They enable you to navigate the website and use all its features. They are used to manage and identify you as unique to other users currently viewing the website and enable you to log into secure areas.
- Functionality cookies, which collect information such as your user ID, location, language preference and other settings to provide more personal features.
- Performance cookies, which collect statistical data about the website visit such as which web pages are most popular and web pages that are broken. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information and are aggregated to collect information about the website’s performance.
- Commercial affiliation cookies, which is a type of service that allows us to display advertisements for third-party products or services and gain a commission from click throughs. Your activity is tracked by the third-party services listed below and shared with Gringo Group ApS.
Is Gringo Group ApS using Third-party Cookies?
In additional to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Services and to deliver advertisements on and through them. If that is the case, an embedded advertising material which is served from a third-party site could store a cookie for that third-party site, containing information fed to it from the containing site (such information might include the name of the site), particular products being viewed, pages that are visited, etc.
The list below outlines relevant details regarding the third-party cookies being used by Gringo Group Services please note these are subject to change at any time.
- Google Analytics is used to analyse your use of the Services.
- Google Adwords (Doubleclick) is used for collecting data to measure efficiency of viewed/clicked ads and showing targeted ads.
- Amazon-adsystem.com is used to show which customers click through our sites to Amazon and purchase a product.
- New Relic (js-agent.newrelic.com) tracks server performance for optimization.
What Are Your Options Regarding Cookies?
To delete cookies or instruct your web browser to refuse them, please visit your browsers page:
Please note, if you choose to delete cookies or refuse to accept them, please note that you might not be able to use all of the features we offer. For example, you will not be able to store your preferences and web pages controlled by Gringo Group Services might not display properly.